Saturday, December 24, 2011

Celebrate me home-Kenny Loggins.

This Christmas, with a couple pictures, I got back to my acid trippy, rainbow colored roots. For my last holiday piece of the year, I wanted to go a more subtle direction.
If you haven't heard this beautiful, subtle song, I suggest you listen to it right now.


I hesitate to call it a Christmas song, because it really isn't overly Christmasy. I actually listen to this song year round because I think it's so beautiful.

Anyway, it's time I quit rambling and get to the art.

I know you've seen the piano keys in wings idea, but I wanted to include a reference to music, and including staff lines and notes in this drawing wasn't working out.

Now, I'm not usually going to post art that isn't music inspired here, but since it's Christmas eve, I thought I would include the other Christmas drawings I did this year.

I wanted to draw a poinsettia, but as I said, I also wanted to get back to the time consuming, rainbow, acid trippy art I used to do a lot more of. Lately I've been moving in a direction of making something surreal, but keeping it fairly simple. I like that concept, but I also miss making things like this.


This was my other holiday piece. I was inspired by some funky wrapping paper we used this year, as far as the tree's shape, so don't give me too much credit for that aspect of it.

Well, that's probably about it for the holiday themed art. We usually open our presents the morning of Christmas eve, but dad worked at the radio station. So. This year, we're going to go out to eat for supper, and then come back and open presents. 
I hope everyone has a happy whatever you celebrate. If you're going out shopping, I beg you to please be patient with your cashier. Speaking as a cashier and having such experience, I can tell you they will appreciate it.
Speaking of shopping, if you're so inclined, you can have a gander at a list I put together of things you shouldn't do during holiday shopping season.
Again, have a great whatever holiday you celebrate, and have a happy new year while you're at it. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment